AMIA is sponsoring a Student Volunteer Program whereby a limited number of student members may receive waived registration for NI2012 (this does not include travel, hotel or meals) in exchange for serving as a room monitor at tutorials, workshops, panels, and scientific sessions.
You MUST provide proof of your current student status, such as a letter from your university or a copy of your current student ID, to qualify for participation in this program. The NI2012 International Congress will be held in Montreal, Canada June 23-27, 2012 at the Hilton Montreal Bonaventure. Tutorial sessions will be held Saturday and Sunday.
Responsibilities will include:
- Checking for conference badges
- Collecting tickets for entrance into tutorials
- Taking a head count at all monitored sessions
- Distributing hand-out materials when appropriate
- Changing slides and overheads for speakers (if requested)
- Assisting speakers with audio visual needs (contacting AMIA staff regarding AV problems)
- Obtaining speaker handouts/slides via flash drive (USB)
- Reminding speakers to wrap-up due to time limitations
In order to qualify for participation in the program, each student member volunteer must agree to monitor six session slots during the course of the symposium. A session slot is equal to one tutorial (full day tutorials count as 2 slots), one workshop, or one scientific session. It is imperative that each volunteer remain in their designated time slot for the duration of the session.
Please fill out the attached form to apply for a student volunteer position. If you are selected to participate, you will receive an email from the Student Volunteer Coordinator with information on selecting tutorials and sessions to monitor. Once you have selected your tutorials and sessions, a student volunteer registration form will be sent to you – this will enable us to collect data for your badge and any other additional tutorials you may wish to purchase.
A valid credit card must be supplied to hold your volunteer position. Should you not COMPLETELY fulfill your volunteer duties, you will be charged for an advance student member registration for NI2012 (fee of $245). The Student Volunteer Coordinator will notify you before any action is taken. If you have not been selected for the Student Volunteer Program, you will be able to register for NI2012 at the advance student member rate.
Please note: while every attempt will be made to accommodate your choices of sessions to monitor, we cannot guarantee it. The Student Volunteer Coordinator will contact volunteers to finalize arrangements.
The deadline for submitting your application is 11:59 PM EST, Friday, May 4, 2012.
Questions regarding this program should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: NI 2012 Student Volunteer Question. You may also contact Susanne by phone at 301-657-1291.
So what’s in it for me?
- Waived student registration to the NI2012 International Congress
- Free tutorials? When you monitor at a tutorial, it’s like getting to sit in on one for free.
- Networking and contact opportunities with the leaders and VIP’s in the field of Nursing and Health Informatics.
- Meeting and networking with other students in the field.
The call for student volunteers is now closed. No further applications are being accepted.
Sign up for Student Volunteer Program
Please fill in all fields. For questions, contact Susanne Vellucci at Susanne@amia.org
You must be a current student.
You will be notified via email if you have been accepted into the program. Information on selection of sessions will be sent with the acceptance email.